Oftentimes, your teeth can become damaged in small parts on your teeth that require fixing, but a tooth restoration may not necessary. If you have a small stain that will not go away, the idea for getting a dental crown could be considered overkill. However, with dental sealants, you can coat the problematic part of your tooth and keep the rest of your tooth visible and natural. Dental sealants can fix teeth. Here are some of the advantages:
– Dental sealants are capable of reducing the risk of developing tooth decay in molars by up to 80%.
– Sealants can prevent oral health dangers including harmful acids from eroding your tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants use a special gel to coat your teeth, which is hardened under a special light. This hardened substance can protect your tooth from further damage including tooth decay and cavities.
– Dental sealants make children 3 times less likely to develop cavities.
– A single dental sealant can last up to a decade.
– Many sealants are clear, which allows the tooth underneath to still be visible and natural-looking.
– Even children at the age of 6 can get dental sealants, as they are most often used on molars, which first grow in around that age.
For more oral health care advice or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Tyjuan Williams and our team at our dentist office in Augusta, Georgia, please contact Tyjuan Williams DMD at 706-868-4200. It’s never too early to start taking steps to a healthier you!